Founded in 2015, Tom Green built the GreenSpeed Training facility after 33+ years of athletic experience. And now with 16 years of experience as a Personal Trainer, Coach, and Sports Performance Specialist Tom is here to help achieve any goal you have.
Originally an Iowa farm boy, Tom was raised on hard work and discipline. The Midwest values and work ethic has played a huge role in Tom's success. This value system is now being instilled into the GreenSpeed Clients which is consistently helping them in all aspects of their lives. The following are some highlights from Tom's athletic career. His real world experience is a priceless tool for anyone looking to become a better version of themselves!
High School: Graduated in 1997
* Member of the track and field team.
* Set 3 school records in 100m, 200m, and 400m.
* Won 2 gold medals at Iowa State Championship meet.
* School’s MVP running back.
* Body-building champion.
* Received Black Belt in Taekwondo.
* Earned Red Cross swimming instructor certification.
College: Graduated in 2002 from the University of South Dakota as an Academic All-American. Earned two degrees: BS in Contemporary Media and Journalism and BS in Psychology.
* Member of the USD track and field team.
* Recognized as 8-time NCAA All-American.
* Set six athletic school records.
* USD Athlete of the Year.
* Set 3 State of South Dakota records.
* State of South Dakota’s Athlete of the Year.
* Won the 100m at the Drake Relays University division 2002.
* In 2002 made personal bests in 100m (10.10) and 200m (20.77) at the NCAA Outdoor Championship
* Inducted into the USD Hall of Fame October, 2018 still holding four records at the University.
* Inducted into the Sioux City Relays Hall of Fame.
Post Collegiate: In 2002, competed in and made the final of the 100-meter dash at the USA Outdoor Track and Field Championship and was accepted into the USA Olympic Training Center at Chula Vista, CA. Sponsorships were with NIKE and bodybuilding.com .
* Qualified for four USA teams including World Cup Team.
* Competed in Scotland, Spain and Canada.
* Wrote sprint-training articles for bodybuilding.com.
* Retired from Track & Field with the 9th fastest 50 meter time in the World.
* 2008 trained with USA Bobsled Team.
* Competed in multiple Tough Mudders and various other events.